Monday, January 27, 2014

The Importance of Bumperstickers

While driving south on I-15, a typical light blue minivan pulled into the lane just ahead of me. There was nothing wrong with this, apart from the very minute frustration that I was being passed by a car that has less zest than a dried oatmeal. I would have been mad, but the patience of a kind mother helped me let it go. I did however notice a small red rectangle on bumper of this less than robust car. Ah Ha! By reading this bumper-sticker I can not only learn the life history of this person, but know enough to prove my preconceived verdict that this person is below me in virtually every conceivable way (especially in automobile choice (ps I drive a dark blue Toyota Corolla- let that add to the humor)). I started to speed ahead and found the words much smaller than was readable at a safe distance. Obviously, my one-way war of egos against this person is more crucial than the few hours I spent awake at drivers education classes. I continued to get closer. This was a byproduct I did enjoy, intimidating the minivan driver by tailgating. As soon as I reached the threshold of insanity (being about 2 feet, I noticed it said Chiefs. Wow, not only is there nothing pithy or funny I can make fun of them with, but they are a lot less... uncool? than their minivan permits. I guess my thunder was extinguished because I know nothing about professional football. So I guess my words of advice for today are; if you are going to have a bumper sticker please make it something mockable. Examples of this include references to Veganism, politics from 8+ years ago, or your pride in your honor student. And please if you are going to place the bumper sticker in a visible place, make sure that the lettering is large, so that judgmental people, like myself, aren't put into danger. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment