Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The accidentally disrespectful-


An Example Case of How the Child I Was Is Truly Never Far From My Core
I very much enjoy life. There are many beautiful experiences, happy and sad. They transform us; molding us into better people. But all too often my own immaturity causes me to miss the deeper side of such experiences. The growing experience is lost and the foolish boy continues to exist. Here are a few examples…


This is one of my favorite pieces of art; "Wanderer Above The Sea Of Fog" by Caspar David Friedrich which can be found in the Kunsthalle in Hamburg, Germany. This painting touches me deeply. It causes me to ponder my own existence and my place in this magnificent world like a wanderer).
 And while such profound discoveries are unfolding in my head, my mind takes a U-Turn. I notice the family name of this beloved artist: Friedrich- FRIED RICH (*snicker*) Why not Fat King or Saturated Fat Hedge Fund Manager? (or Frederick for that matter?) I know, I know- Stupid, the name is German and a wonderful name. Immaturity destroys me once again.
The second thought which jumps into my head is : "If I was really quiet (and had the ability to jump into the alternate universe which encapsulates the reality of painted scenarios), I think I could push him off that cliff." Why? Am I a sociopath? Maybe I should ponder that for a bit. I think this is a more profound question than the chicken/egg question. 
And on a Mature note...What a wonderful experience life is- to learn and figure it all out: why we are here.

I am thinking of reviewing art, music, history, and adding a humorous twist to education and culture. Let me know if you have any feedback on this, Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud on this one. I never would have thought of pushing him off, but now that you mention it.....

    ReplyDelete