Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday in Art

I am considering becoming a professional photographer. I feel that I have a unique ability to capture the soul and emotion of a moment with a single picture. I don't consider myself to the greats like Da Vinci, or Van Gogh. I would however say that I could give some tips to Michaelangelo and Manet and Monet. Don't get me wrong, they have plenty of raw talent. I simply think I could help them make a few adjustments to help them become truly great

I have included a few examples of my work- please enjoy. 


Yodeling and Yawning
Davis Esplin

This is a personal favorite of mine. Partially because I am the person on the left. It intrigues me. Are we yawning? Are we scrutinizing the long oppressive, capitalist oligarchs demonstrated by the 15th century sculpture between us? Or are we yodeling to demonstrate a foreign satire, an outsider mocking our social infrastructure which is hyper-egotistical? Let the art take hold of your soul.
Notice the poor lighting and the badly angle frame of the picture. This was totally intentional. It represents the skew in even the most firm of view points. Trust me, I understand this work of art perfectly

Here is another piece. I hate this one. But I can't look away.

Smiles in a Dark Cathedral

This picture is so ugly it is beautiful. My friend cameron and I are admiring candles, when I had another friend surprise us with a photo. This picture represents a hatred of candles and fire. I don't really know why but I guess that is just how great works of art are. True art cannot be understood; but I'm getting close. Notice the random arm on the right side of this work. This was not planned and is meant to demonstrate how one's own volition is futile against a dark system, which only offers minimal relief, represented by candles.

I think I'm not the best, but getting there. Please let me know what you think
I'll have more for my adoring fans soon.


2 comments: