Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday Worrier- Halloween Edition

It has been a while since the last edition of the Wednesday Worrier- I feel sorry- in fact, I was worrying about it. So here it is! A new one. 
The Wednesday Worrier

So Yesterday there was a Halloween Party for my housing complex at the University which I attend. I was running late, coming straight from an evening class so I showed up without a costume. I was worried that I would be that one guy who "was too cool to dress up". Heaven knows that guy is a total kill-joy and when else can you put on all that make up you pretend you don't have and use on occasion (those kill-joys are, in a strange twist of irony, the ones that usually have the man-makeup anyway). So I ran home with one of my roommates, and we made up costumes quickly. I put on red shoes, pants and a shirt. He did the same with teal clothing. We put on labels which read the color we were. The Idea was to be crayons, but...ya we are idiots and in a hurry. 

Dumb. I know. Of course we were the only people there who had the costumes which no one understood. "what are you supposed to be?" the most heartbreaking words said on halloween, apart from "I think I'll dress like this all year long." I was so panicked that this would be uncool. Was this worse than not dressing up? Did the really cute "Dorothy" think I was a firehydrant? Did I get that stain out of my shirt?

But when asked who we were, the spirit of halloween (the non-alcohal/sex/satanist driven portions of it) gave me a gift. Every time were asked what we were, a new potential costume came to mind. To some we were a paint swatch, to others we were modern art. And the best part- spilling ketchup all over myself just added to the costume. Can't say the same for teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment